Week 3 Activity: Product Liability Law Case Summary
Overview – In this activity you are to review the product liability lawsuit case given below and create a brief that summarizes its legal elements and holding. See the Professor example in the Announcements, dated January 15, and in the discussion threads and try to follow this same format.
Instructions – Read Estate of Simpson v. GM, LLC.
Using the Week 3 Activity Template [DOCX], accurately summarize the following regarding design, manufacturing, and failure-to-warn causes of action in a brief that effectively lays out the following legal elements of the case:
- Case facts.
- Parties and their arguments.
- Proceedings of the court case – what happened in the court(s)?
- Applicable product liability defect law
- The holding of the court and its reason(s).
LEG500 – Format for writing assignments:
- Include page numbers
- 1-inch margins, double spaced throughout assignment
- Times New Roman, 12-point type
- Title Page centered, first page should include: Assignment name, your name, professor name and date
- Cite credible, scholarly sources in the text of the paper that corresponds to the sources on the Source page. Type “Sources” centered on the last page of the assignment. Record sources that you used in the assignment in a numbered list as they appear in the paper, not alphabetically.
- For each resource you use in your coursework, there are two things you must do. First, add the resource to the Source list on the final page/slide. Second, insert an in-text citation to each sentence which quotes, paraphrases, or summarizes information from that resource. Make sure that each in-text citation has a matching source list entry, and vice versa, before submitting an assignment. See the video: https://youtu.be/jDKstcOUX8U