This section contains five (5) short-essay response questions. You must choose two (2) to respond to. Read each essay prompt carefully and write your response in the text boxes provided. Each short-essay response should be 200-400 words. (5 points each)
- The use of intelligence testing to identify persons with intellectual disabilities is a controversial issue. Name and describe at least two reasons that there is concern over the use of IQ testing to assess intelligence.
- Discuss how the discrepancy model and response to intervention (RTI) model identify students with a learning disability. Select the one that you feel is most appropriate and provide supporting rationale.
- Identify at least five (5) instructional modifications appropriate for addressing the instructional needs of individuals with ADHD.
- Discuss the social stories strategy for students with Autism. In your response, include the purpose of social stories, the basic steps in developing a social story, and an example of when the use of a social story might be appropriate.
- Identify the differences between receptive and expressive language and explain how deficits in each impact student learning.