Using the Model Penal Code, answer the following:
1) Michelle needed money to pay her rent. She is behind 3 months in rent and fears being evicted. She decides to rob Capital One Bank. Michelle asks her roommate Cheryl to help her. They agree to split the money 60% Michelle and 40% for Cheryl. This was based on the fact that Cheryl was going to only purchase the items necessary to commit the crime, like the gun and ski mask, and agreed to be the lookout at the bank. Cheryl purchased a gun and ski mask early in the week. Midweek, she stopped into the local pub for a few drinks. She began telling the bartender about her plan to get money. The bartender said nothing. Later that week, before the robbery was to take place, Michelle and Cheryl went to get their nails done. While at the nail salon, they were arrested. As the prosecutor, with what crimes can you charge Michelle and Cheryl? Do their actions constitute the crime of attempt? Discuss why or why not. Use legal reasoning to support your response.
2) April and Troy have been unhappily married for years. April wanted a divorce, but Troy feared April would get too much of his money and the marital home. He decided it was best to kill her. He decided to poison her. He went to CVS and inquired of the pharmacist about needing a sleep aid for his insomnia. The pharmacist gave him a bottle of sleeping pills. Troy believed if he gave April several pills in her tea, she would die peacefully in her sleep. She drank the tea, but nothing happened but for a little drowsiness. Troy is charged with attempted murder. Will Troy be found guilty of attempted murder? Discuss why or why not. Use legal reasoning to support your response.
3) Please share any similar cases that you found. How did conducting research and going through each step of legal analysis help you to reach this conclusion? Analyze how you applied critical thinking and legal analytical skills to assist you in this regard. What new research and/or analytical tool or method did you try for the first time this week? What do you think you do well and what would you like to strengthen so that you continue to improve?
APA format price non negotiable 550 words minimum need by midnight est time
This question was first posted at writeden.com!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question
and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since
we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do
it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist
our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section
and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of
pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account
with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment
process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.