You are the nursing manager for nurses & the nurse practitioners of an internal medicine group. You have been in this role for approximately 8 months, and overall are enjoying it. The hours have provided an adequate work/balance for your family. You are also a nurse practitioner, seeing patients 1 day a week, with the rest of your time dedicated to adminstrative duties. You work with the medical director of the practice as well as the CNO & the APP director (advanced practice provider), and overall they have served as mentors for you in this role.
Today, you are meeting with these individuals to review the organization’s employee survey on work satisfaction. The survey was sent to employees with directions, to be truthful & honest, as results would be anonymous. However, as the CNO & APP director begin discussing the result findings of the survey when the director comments, “oh, that comment was from NP Jane, she’s always complaining.” or “oh, wow, I didn’t know Joan was unhappy, she’s such a good nurse.” As the discussion continues, it is clear that results were not anonymous and they are ignoring some employee comments, as being unworthy.
Questions you need to answer:
- Written response;
- What are the ramifications (both positive & negative) of the leader’s behavior?
- What are the pros & cons of how you addressed this issue.
- What does an an ethical leader look like in this situation?
Part 2 The purpose of this discussion board, is to discuss social media.
Original posting should address the following questions:
- What are the pros & cons of social media for healthcare & for the healthcare professional?
- Analyze a social media contribution written or posted by another healthcare professional which could be perceived by some as controversial or even unethical (please do not share details that identify the individual). If you have not personally observed such behavior on social media, you may share a story from an article or news report.
- Develop a concise personal social media policy. Questions to consider:
- What types of social media do you participate on?
- Do you keep personal and professional accounts separate?
- Do you post about school or your employer?
- Does your social media reflect your value and character traits you wish to portray, personally? Professionally?
- What if patients want to “friend” you?
- Who will see your posts?
This question was first posted at writeden.com!
Order this paper at writeden.com for only $10
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question
and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since
we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do
it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist
our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section
and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of
pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account
with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment
process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.