This assignment is the fourth in a series of 4 assignments on the same topic. The assignments build upon each other.
As described you wrote two articles (Parts 1 and 2) as if you were an investigative reporter who has been assigned to research important issues (ethnic, racial, gender, or class) that are affecting people in a local area, workplace, or specific part of the world. The articles are for a major publication (magazine or newspaper). Your goal was to provide both an in-depth analysis of and put a human face on an issue. After publication, your editor has asked that you provide a summary of your articles using Google Slides or PowerPoint for a meeting of the National Association of Journalists, so the members can determine if the series should win one of its top three prizes for investigative reporting.
Develop a 10–12 slide presentation in which you:
- Revise the ideas and concepts from Parts 1 and 2 of your articles, based on your professor’s feedback, to include the ideas in your presentation as needed.
- In addition to posting to the discussion board, submit the slide presentation to the assignment location to receive credit.
Your slide deck should:
- Introduce the topic area with a quote, question, and/or statistic, along with an overview and a thesis statement. (Grab the audience’s interest.)
- Highlight 3–5 major historical factors (social events/attitudes, wars, laws, economy, political environment, et cetera) in the past 50–100 years that have contributed to the current issue(s)/problems for this topic area.
- Highlight 3–5 major current issues/problems (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera).
- Describe 1–2 groups of people affected by the issue/problem, including 1–2 quotes and/or paraphrased comments from the people affected.
- Propose 2–3 changes (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) that could possibly improve the situation.
- Highlight 2–3 likely challenges (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) to achieving the proposed change(s).
- Provide a brief logical response to each of the challenges.
- Highlight 2–3 possible benefits (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) that could be realized following the proposed change(s).
- Include 2–3 thought-provoking questions to which the audience should be asked to respond.
- Provide a summary of the articles you have written that includes a quote, question, and/or statistic, along with a call for readers to respond by taking some specific action.
- Include commentary (speaker’s) notes for the presentation in the notes section of the deck.
- Include meaningful headings, short bulleted lists, and 2–4 visuals (photographs, charts, and/or graphs).
- The last slide will include the source list for the presentation..
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a presentation of the challenges and benefits of the proposed changes to societal issues and problems concerning class, ethnicity, gender, or race that reflects increased cultural knowledge and self-awareness.
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question
and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since
we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do
it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist
our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section
and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of
pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account
with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment
process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.